Criminal Case

Prisoners’ Legal Services does not provide assistance with substantive criminal law defense matters. If you are seeking advice or assistance concerning cases for which you are awaiting trial, cases for which you are currently sentenced, or cases on appeal, you should consult either the attorney you hired or the public defender representing you.

If you don’t have a lawyer or don’t know who your lawyer is and the charges against you are in state court you should write to the Committee for Public Counsel Services, 44 Bromfield Street, Boston, MA 02108. Give them the court docket number and the charges.

If your charges are in federal court, you should contact the Federal Defenders office at 408 Atlantic Ave, 3rd floor, Boston, MA 02210. You should direct your letter to the Senior Counsel.